First of all, the key to the quality of the faucet lies in the valve core. At present, the leading products on the market mainly include ceramic spools, ball spools and rubber spools. Ceramic valve core is a new generation of valve core material, with good sealing performance, stable physical performance and long service life. It is generally used for more than 10 years. The main body of the faucet is cast from brass, bronze (or copper alloy), and of course it should have the best overall casting performance.
Identify the faucet
In terms of function, it is divided into:
1. Triple bathtub faucet. There are two water outlets, one is connected to the bathtub shower, and the other is connected to the faucet under the shower for shower use.
2. Double basin faucet. It is used above all kinds of basins in the bathroom, and the water outlet is shorter and lower, which is mainly used for washing and cleansing.
3. Multifunctional kitchen faucet. Generally, it is dual, which can pass hot and cold water. The water outlet is higher, the front of the faucet is longer, and some even have a hose, which can be rotated at multiple angles for washing.
From the structure, it is divided into:
1. Single handle type. It is characterized by flexible switching, long service life, and quick and convenient temperature adjustment.
2. Faucet with 90 degree switch. The characteristic is that on the basis of the traditional double handle, it is sealed with a ceramic sheet. When the faucet is turned on and off, the handle can be rotated 90 degrees. It can be adjusted on both sides of cold and hot water. It is easy to open, diverse styles and various shapes.
3. The traditional spiral steadily lifting faucet (rubber seal). The water output is large and the price is low (currently seldom used).
4. Stainless steel hollow ball seal and valve stem seal faucet. It is generally used for imported faucets, and some are even fully temperature-controlled, which is more expensive.
Choose a faucet
1. Look at the surface first. The main body of the faucet is cast from brass, bronze (or copper alloy), after grinding and polishing, it is then subjected to chrome plating and other surface treatments. The regular product body casting and surface treatment have strict process requirements, and have passed the neutral salt spray test, and there should be no rust within the corresponding period of time. Therefore, when choosing a faucet, you should pay attention to its surface carefully, touch it without burrs, observe no pores, corrosion marks, no oxidation spots, crystal clear and shiny, and feel the thickness of the coating. The surface coating of the faucet is galvanized, titanium, spray paint, etc. The thickness of the coating is better. You can observe whether the surface of the coating is bright or not. The coating of imported faucet is thicker, and it is not easy to fall off and oxidize. The electroplated layer should have a protective film, and the electroplated layer without a protective film is easy to fade.
2. Gently turn the handle to see if it is light and flexible, and whether there is a sense of blockage or heaviness. Faucets that switch seamlessly, easily, and without slipping are better. Inferior quality has a large gap and a large sense of obstruction.
3. Knocking on the main body of the faucet, whether the sound is dull, and carefully observe whether the faucet interface is a copper body, if the sound is crisp when knocking, it may be made of stainless steel and other materials, of course, it is worse. Depending on whether the components of the faucet, especially the main components, are tightly assembled, the valve body and handle of a good faucet are all made of brass, which has a heavy weight and a sense of dignity.
4. Check the various parts of the faucet and observe whether the assembly is tight or loose. Generally, the single-handle mixing basin faucet comes with installation dimension drawing and instruction manual when it leaves the factory. Before installation and use, the product packaging should be opened to check the certificate of conformity, etc., so as to avoid the use of "three-no" products. If it is imported goods, you should be more careful. In addition, check whether the accessories are complete. The general accessories should be equipped with: (1) a full set of fixing bolts and fixing copper sheets and gaskets; (2) a full set of basin lifting drains; (3) two inlet pipes.